LOG CABIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accepting an invoice and making payment to Log Cabin Specialists, customers are confirming acceptance to the following conditions associated with our fitting services.
- If it is a self build it is the customers responsibility to ensure the following points are considered and actioned.
- 240v electrical power supply will be available for the duration of fitting.
- A suitable base (flat level and solid) is provided by the customer meeting the minimum dimensions as given by our detailed plans base sheet
- The base area is clear of overhanging branches and has clear access to all corners
- Unrestricted access to the cabin pallets and the base is required
- Carrying Log components through any domestic property is entirely at the customers own risk and Log Cabin Specialists Ltd will only do this as a last resort and not be held accountable if any damages occur.
- We recommend a skip for disposal of waste is present for the duration of any builds at the customers expense, the fitters will cut waste up appropriately and place in the skip, any waste is the customers responsibility to remove from Site.
- It is the customer responsibility to adhere to the planning legislation for outbuildings as laid out the the governments portal, the fitters will build where the customer requests but the customer must ensure this meets all associated criteria not Log Cabin Specialists Ltd.
- We will apply a clear preservative treatment to the buildings during the fitting process however it is highly recommended that a water tight seal in the form of paint, wood stain or oil is applied within the following 10 days of completion as this will prevent water ingress. Fitting guttering to the cabin (if not requested) will prevent rain fall splash back onto the lower logs as well and prevent moisture ingress.
- Cabins left untreated by the customer will be susceptible to moisture ingress and no responsibility nor warranty will be given by Log Cabin Specialists for this if left in this capacity and without guttering.
- The base must be level and sturdy to hold the weight of the log cabin. An uneven or badly built base can in effect increase the chance of bulking, warping and split/strain on the logs. It is best to make sure the base is completely level.
- The stronger the foundation the less chance of negative outcomes so please ensure your foundation is suitable, strong and straight to prevent this.
Last updated 10/06/2021
FITTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accepting Timber Building Specialists installation quotation you are agreeing to be bound by the following Fitting Terms and Conditions:
1. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the cabin is compliant with local planning authorities rules or building regulations.
2. Any installation date given is approximate only. As with most construction businesses, we are governed by the UK weather and therefore may occasionally have to re-arrange installation work at the last moment. Other factors which may affect the installation are accident or illness, neither of which can be predicted in advance.
3. The customer is responsible for ensuring that reasonable access to a clear working area is available for our staff to safely carry out a satisfactory installation.
Last updated 10/06/2021
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms & conditions
1.1. By placing an order, you are consenting to these Terms and Conditions.
1.2. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract.
1.3. Legal ownership of any goods will not pass to you until full payment has been received.
1.4. Should you obtain goods prior to full order payment, you accept that we retain the right to demand and receive immediate settlement of outstanding payment prior to transfer of ownership, or grant us unrestricted access to reclaim the goods. At this point a cancellation process shall be instigated.
2.1. All prices shown on our website or price lists are in (£) Pounds Sterling, and include VAT at the current rate, errors and omission excepted.
2.2. Delivery is not included in the price unless stated otherwise, and an additional charge is applicable depending upon the delivery area and goods/services ordered.
2.3. You shall be notified prior to acceptance of the order if there is an amendment or alteration to the price of the goods or services.
2.4. The manufacturers reserve the right to change the specification of their products at any time. If the price has been amended or altered, you will be entitled to cancel the order and receive a full refund where applicable.
2.5. Non refundable deposit for goods or services must be made at the time of order.
3.1. We will arrange delivery of the goods at the earliest opportunity,
3.2. All delivery dates or lead times stated are approximate, and are given by 'The Company' in good faith for indication purposes only. We cannot guarantee specific delivery dates or delivery times, and cannot be held responsible for delays which are out of our direct control, including (but not limited to) manufacturing problems and third party contracted companies.
3.3. We shall not be responsible for any delays caused due to incorrect or incomplete information being submitted by ‘The Customer’.
3.4. Deliveries shall be made to the roadside only, and it shall be at the discretion of the delivery driver to move the goods to an alternative point at the delivery property.
3.5. It is your responsibility to provide suitable access for delivery, and notify us of any concerns, in writing, at the point of order. In this instance, you will be liable for any failed or return delivery charges.
3.6. A valid signature from you or your representative is required upon delivery, at which point you bear all responsibility and risk.
3.6.1. If you are not available to sign for the goods upon delivery, prior written acceptance of responsibility must be authorised by us allowing the goods to be left unattended. If written acceptance of responsibility is not received prior to delivery, you will be liable for the failed and/or return delivery charges.
3.7. Goods must be examined within a reasonable time of delivery, and all damages or shortages must be reported as soon as possible by telephone to 01452 234460, and thereafter in writing. ‘The Company’ will not accept any telephone claims which are not backed up immediately in writing.
3.7.1. No responsibility for transit damage will be accepted after 24hrs from time of delivery.
3.7.2. If damage has occurred to sectional goods during transit, each section will be classed as an individual item. We reserve the right to replace only the damaged sections, and can decline any replacement when damage has been caused by ‘The Customer’ through misuse, neglect, self-assembly, or incorrect storage. Minor superficial damage caused during transit will not be accepted as grounds for rejection.
3.8. You should not begin installation, or arrange any third-party installation until the product has been fully inspected for damage or missing parts. We shall not be liable for any costs incurred by 'The Customer', should they fail to inspect and satisfy themselves that the product is sound and complete prior to self-assembly.
4.1. Some of our products are sold and supplied for self-assembly only, unless stated otherwise.
4.2. If an installation service is available, and has been requested, ‘The Customer’ must ensure that a flat, level and square base, capable of carrying considerable weight, has been provided.
4.2.1. The site should be clear of overhanging branches or obstructions, and have sufficient unobstructed access (minimum 600mm) around the site for the safe erecting and maintenance of the building. If the base does not meet the required standards, you will be liable for the aborted labour costs (10% of the product price or the initial installation fee, whichever is greater), and the product will be left for self-assembly.
4.2.2. Should ‘The Customer’ require a return installation service, a similar charge (10% of the product price or the initial installation fee, whichever is greater) must be paid prior to the subsequent visit being made.
4.3. ‘The Customer’ must ensure that the installer’s vehicle can be parked as close as possible to the installation site. If a parking area cannot be located nearby the site, the installation may be abandoned and a return charge (as defined in 4.2.1. and
4.2.2.) may be made. ‘The Customer’ will be liable for any costs incurred by the
installation team (metered parking etc.) during the installation period.
5.1. If the goods have not been delivered, you can cancel the contract at anytime from the day the contract is made until the expiry of 14 days following the day after receipt of the goods (except as defined in 5.2.). Cancellations must be made in writing either by letter, fax or email.
5.1.1. An additional charge may be made if the order is cancelled after delivery has been scheduled by a third party.
5.2. ‘The Customer’ has no right to cancel at any time if the order includes special order items, non-standard options, adaptations, or personalised preferences. Buildings ordered for delivery direct to the customer from overseas (e.g. log cabins) are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once shipping has commenced.
5.3. Minor cosmetic damage, and natural variances in timber buildings such as knots, natural cracks and shakes are not classed as imperfections or flaws, and not classed as faulty.
5.4. We will not accept any return or cancellation if the goods have been altered, assembled, painted or customised in any way.
6.1. We will not accept liability for any product which does not meet ‘The Customers’ required dimensions, unless the exact dimensions have been obtained in writing from us, prior to order. All sizes shown are quoted as approximate, and may be changed at any time.
6.2. ‘The Customer’ should check before ordering that the building will be suitable for it's intended purpose.
6.3. ‘The Company’ will not accept liability for issues caused by the installation of any product by a third party.
6.4. If you do not receive goods ordered within 30 days of the date ordered (unless a longer delivery time had been agreed), we shall have no liability to you unless notified in writing at our contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
6.4. If we (or our suppliers) are unable to supply your order, we will refund you in full as soon as possible. We will not be obliged to pay any compensation for disappointment or inconvenience.
6.5. We will not be liable a) for losses that were unforeseeable to both parties when the contract was made, b) for losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier, c) for business losses and/or losses to non consumers. No liability for damage to property or belongings will be accepted in the event that the installers are required to access the site through a house or property (commercial or residential), ‘The Customer’ should ensure that all floor coverings are protected, and any valuables or breakable objects should be removed from the thoroughfare.
6.6. In the event that we arrange an installation service, no liability for damage to property or belongings will be accepted in the event that our installers are required to access the site through a house or property (commercial or residential), ‘The Customer’ should ensure that all floor coverings are protected, and any valuables or breakable objects have been removed from the thoroughfare.
7.1. All products are guaranteed for a period of 12 months from date of purchase. This is a parts-only guarantee, and no labour or installation costs are covered.
8. Log Cabin Specialists hold the right to amend cabin prices at any time up to the purchasing of a product. The prices on our website are subject to change. The prices shown are correct at the time of publishing, they may not be accurate in real time and may be affected by supplier price increases, border price increase, distribution price increase or tax increases or other variables. While our prices are a guide to the accurate price, on rare occasions prices may require adjusting. If an order has been placed and the price is incorrect, Log Cabin Specialists holds the right to refund the payment and cancel the order.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.